Thrifty Gifty # 1, Decorated Soaps
Keep checking in to see some thrifty ideas for gifts for the upcoming holiday season or for just anytime at all. We will be regularly posting thrifty ideas for giftgiving during November and December.
We all know that the economy has caused us to tighten our belts a bit but we all want to express our love to those special people in our lives. NOTHING SAYS LOVE like something handmade. So get your hands ready...here come the ideas!
What you will need: Scrapbooking paper, ribbons, glue, double-sided tape, rubber stamps, glitter, stamp pad, small dimensional flowers or other decorations.
1. Cover boxed soap with paper. Glue or tape sides closed.
2. Add ribbon to the box in a pleasing design.
3. Decorate with stickers, rubber stamps, small dimensional flowers, and glitter.
Some other ideas:
- Get the kids in on the action! Let them make soaps for all of their special people: grandparents, bus drivers, lunch ladies, girl scout leaders, etc.
- Use letter stamps to create a monogramed soap, very custom!
- Create a "set" of soaps, one for each season to give as a very special gift.
Post your thoughts and send us your pictures of your decorated soaps so we can post them for everyone else to see! Have fun!