Monday, January 10, 2011

Birthday Scavenger Hunt

For this "celebrations" post, I am very inspired to share with you! Last Monday morning at 5:30 am before my hubby went to work, he told me that he had a pre-birthday surprise for me and I could get up now and start the surprise or wait until 6 am. Being very intrigued, I woke up and he led me to his lap top, where I found a love-letter-type of note with directions on how to start my pre-birthday Scavenger Hunt!!!

Next to the love-note was my first post-it with directions on where to get my next clue! So I traveled through the house as he left me to my own devices and went to work! I found all five, sweet, handwritten clues, all related to our lives together and attached to each post-it was a little bit of money! What a great way to celebrate, right? Well, my last instruction was to call him for what I had to do with my bit of cash and notes.

Aren't you dying to find out?....I have to buy myself a dress for my surprise birthday outing!!!

Now, if this isn't a great way to celebrate a birthday, I don't know what is! What an amazing blessing it is to have such a wonderful person in my life that cares as much as my husband does! It's the little, fun things in life that make it all worth while.

Remember, life is not measured by the breaths we take but by all of the moments that take our breath away...and this was surely one of those moments and I will treasure it in my heart forever. Just thinking about how much thought was put into this act of love makes it that much better!

If you decide to have a birthday scavenger hunt for someone you love, they will surely be delighted! The end result can be to find their gift or find little ones along the way! Make it fun and make it yours!

Just another thought--if you have children, hide a few pieces of candy around the house for them on a snowy, house-bound day. Give them little clues as to where to find them around the house! That will surely brighten their day!

BE INSPIRED!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go Scott!!! his momma taught him well. God Bless you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...