Sunday, January 23, 2011

Random Thoughts on Inspiration and Meal Planning

Inspired. Aroused, animated, or imbued with the spirit to do something, by or as if by supernatural or divine influence: an inspired poet. (Taken from dictionary.com) 


There is a certain rush that comes along with blogging, especially when I have been inspired to make a post that suits my fancy upon completion! I have missed this rush for a while now as I have recently learned that pigeon holing oneself to a specific topic during the blogging process abruptly stops my creative mind from branching out on a whim to finding other things to blog about. See, I am not a concrete thinker. I am very much an abstract thinker where my thoughts go this way and that, yet seem to all coincide eventually to one comprehensive thought process. 


I want to be able to share what ever inspires me on a day to day basis with you! I tried committing myself to blogging about birthday celebrations this month and only got so far. I was lead to find out that I have to blog about whatever is on my mind or animating me at the moment...that is what inspiration is all about, right? When it comes to blogging, I am throwing rigidity out the window! 

So, there have been a few things floating around in my head that I want to pull down and put on paper (or in this case, screen) for you that I thought you might enjoy! Mixed up in there are a few more thoughts on birthday celebrations, however, they are not solidified yet but hopefully will be in the near future! So, stay tuned for that....


Now, one random thought that I want to share with you that I hope will open up a door for more creativity and inspiration is weekly meal planning! With the burden of "what to make for dinner tonight?" taken care of, there is time for other, more enjoyable things during the day! 


When I first got married, there was the dreaded question at 4:00 pm in the afternoon...."What are we having for dinner tonight?" Ahhh...searching through the freezer with only 2 hours left before dinner time made for not enough time to defrost, let alone time to run to the store for what we were out of.

Now, I make life easier by spending a short amount of time, usually on a Sunday, planning the whole week of meals. This makes for such an easy dinner prep and most times, leaves my hubby with a full, happy belly! Just pull out what needs to be defrosted in the morning and by dinner time you are all set to go!

Here is an example of one week's dinner meals. I hope you enjoy it! After planning, go shopping and pick up all ingredients for that week and you are set!


Sun: Chicken Marsala
Mon: Israeli Couscous with feta and arrugula
Tues: Raviolis
Wed: BLT with avocado
Thurs: Homemade Pizza on tortillas
Fri: Tilapia with brown rice
Sat: Shredded Chicken Enchiladas


Please share any good meal ideas that you have by posting a comment!



BE INSPIRED!









2 comments:

Marian said...

If you wanted to keep your meal planning birthday themed, you could dedicate a week of meals to a certain birthday person's favorite foods. You could also tell the story of that favorite food during diner.

Valerie said...

Mar, what a great idea! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...