Friday, October 29, 2010

No Costume, No Problem!

Halloween is literally right around the corner and you may not have anything special prepared costume-wise. So, here is my solution...FACE PAINTING! Face Painting adds that special sparkle and flair of color to anything!

My lovely sister-in-law asked if I could face paint her for an event she was attending and of course, I said yes...how much fun is that? I have been face painting for many years now and learned how to do it from professional clowns.

After doing a bit of research and talking to her, we decided on a Princess face. She had a tutu tucked away in the closet and some fairy wings along with a crown to top it off. Oh yeah...and not to mention these awesome grey shoes with baby pink laces. With a black shirt and pants, this costume is cost-effective and fabulous!

You still have time to get the materials needed to create your own fantastic costume and face. Visit A.C. Moore and pick up a pack of face paints. I prefer to use Snazaroo brand face paint. It is in my personal collection and is FDA approved and hypo-allergenic. Remember that you can go onto www.acmoore.com and grab the featured coupon for that week. (Sometimes you can get up to 50% off of one item!) You will also need some brushes.  If you are feeling oh so glittery, you can apply rhinestones with eyelash glue. Do some research on the internet for costume ideas and go for it!

I would love to hear all about your costumes and your adventures in putting them together! 
Thank you, Jill for letting me put your picture on my blog!
BE INSPIRED!

3 comments:

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

Hi Claire,
Just got your email about your blog. I am a blogger also, too funny!
The face painting looks great, someone's artistic, and those cookies are scary amazing! I'm your newest follower :)

Kristi McInerney said...

Hey guys...love the face painting! I still love the cupcake you painted on Julia's face at Charlie's birthday party!!!

Valerie said...

Thank you, Kristi! I am sure that your two beautiful babies have cute costumes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...