Monday, September 26, 2011

My Own Twisted Frosty


Blame it on a pregnancy craving! I got into the car and headed to Wendy's (a place I rarely frequent) to get what baby was crying out for...a Twisted Frosty!!! To my ultimate dismay, they don't make them anymore. The yummy, almost melted, yet still icy chocolate ice cream mixed in with bits and pieces of frozen M&Ms was no longer a menu item! Ahhhhh! What a let down.

What else could I do?? I headed over to QuickCheck because nothing was going to stop this mama from satiating such a craving. I picked up some chocolate and vanilla ice cream, a small bag of M&Ms and a couple Reese's cups for the hubby!

I reached up for my Cuisinart emulsion blender (thank you, Jill, for that great gift) put a few scoops of ice cream into the cup with a bit of milk, poured in my candy and voila! Made my own!!! I know I am bragging about the M&Ms but I had to take care of the hubby first and he loves the Reese's. That is why you see them featured in all of my pics!



So, if you are a Twisted Frosty lover and can't get your fix at Wendy's anymore, you can make your own!

Hope you enjoy!

BE INSPIRED!

4 comments:

christine sprague said...

I craved this too while pregnant w Leigham!! I hope u r feeling well!

Valerie said...

I am on the upswing, Chris! Thanks for your comment!

Unknown said...

LOVE my cuisinart hand mixer...

Mary @ Redo 101 said...

Well I think Wendy's should just shut their doors if they're no longer going to satisfy pregnancy cravings! Glad you made your own, who needs them anyway :)

I'm your newest follower from the blog hop and would love a follow back - thanks!

Mary @ Redo 101
http://Redo101.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...