Saturday, October 23, 2010

Italy in the Fall

I will be married three years this coming November! My goodness how time flies. It seems to go even faster when you have children because you can not believe how quickly one goes from a helpless little infant to a toddling around little munchkin! Anyway, as I was browsing through my iPhotos, I thought that I would share some of my honeymoon pictures being that they were taken in the Fall (and that is the season we are focusing on right now in our blog). The special part of all of this is that they were all shot in Italy, where my husband and I spent nine amazing days celebrating our marriage!

I don't know anyone who isn't inspired by the Italian cathedrals with marble spilling all over the floors or the 15 foot tall David housed in such an unassuming museum! Just walking around taking photos of the vespas that lined the streets was enough eye candy for me not to mention the beautiful colors of gelato that peaked out of the cafe windows in Florence!

Knowing that Michelangelo or Caravaggio or a contemporary artist like David Smith had creations amongst us as we walked through Rome, Florence and Venice was just amazing.

If these pictures don't do anything other than make you smile or cause you to be your very own shutterbug looking for beautiful things in your personal world to capture in a photo and hang on your wall, then I know that they have inspired you!

Enjoy and BE INSPIRED!

A fountain in Rome.

Vespas lining the streets.

Gelato! Need I say more?

The famous Trevi fountain.

An outdoor restaurant in Rome.

Dolce & Gabbana...designer everything in Italy!

Vatican City, Rome.

Ponte Vecchio.

A gorgeous stained glass window in one of the many cathedrals!

The outdoor market in Florence.

A coffee stop in San Gimignano.

Just a lovely view in Tuscany.

The Rialto Bridge, Venice.

Doges Palace, Venice.

Venice.

3 comments:

Jamie Cone said...

Gorgeous! And I'm totally feeling inspired... to book a trip to Italy!

Valerie said...

Jamie--I would love to go back one day! It was unbelievable to be there!

Julia Wells said...

I loved seeing your Italy photos! I don't think I ever got to see them. How fun and inspiring. An early congrats to 3 years together! Love you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...