|Chocolate Covered Pretzels|
With Halloween right around the corner, I was inspired to make some chocolate dipped pretzels with fall colored sprinkles and chocolate dipped marshmallows. This is the perfect dessert to share with friends as just a few bites can satisfy your sweet tooth without too much of an indulgence!
|Chocolate Covered Marshmallows|
The ingredients are easy and it takes no time at all to whip up a plate or two of these sweet and salty treats. These little confections are really crowd-pleasers!
Ingredients you need on hand:
•Pretzel rods (You can buy a big container of them at BJs or SAMS Club)
•A bag of marshmallows
•A bag of chocolate morsels (the ones you make chocolate chip cookies with)
•A baking sheet lined with waxed paper
•PAM Cooking Spray
What you need to do:
1. Line your baking sheet with waxed paper and spray a light coat of PAM Cooking Spray on the waxed paper (this is to prevent the marshmallows and pretzels from sticking to the sheet later on.)
2. In a double boiler, heat about 2 cups of chocolate morsels along with 1/4 cup of Crisco. Stir every now and then until you get a smooth, creamy, chocolate consistency without any lumps. Keep the burner on low so the chocolate stays warm while you are dipping.
3. Dip approximately half of the pretzel in the warm chocolate and then immediately roll in the sprinkles.
4. Lay out on the lined baking sheet.
5. Repeat the same process (#1-3) for the marshmallows. Sprinkles are optional here.
6. Once you are finished, put the baking sheet in the refrigerator and let cool.
When you are ready to serve your pretzels and marshmallows, find a beautiful dish and plate.
Feel free to dip your pretzels and marshmallows in nuts, crushed candy, etc.! The possibilities are endless! Please be careful while working on the stove with the double boiler as you can get hurt easily if you touch your hand or arm to it while dipping.
Enjoy and BE INSPIRED!