Monday, November 1, 2010
Becoming Blog Savvy
Blogging is a brand new arena in which my mom and I have started to explore. We intend to keep our creative juices flowing by constantly engaging in creative endeavors so we can continue to post ideas that you can be inspired by.
We have experienced a HUGE learning curve thus far as we are submerged in the blogging world and we would like to help you feel comfortable searching our blog without feeling overwhelmed by it.
Here are a couple of tips to help you along. For those of you who are experienced readers or bloggers, post a comment if you have something helpful to add!
1. Our blog is intended to inspire your creative side through tips, tutorials, photographs and more!
How to "Follow"
2. If you like our blog, you can become what is called a "FOLLOWER." A follower is someone who keeps track of what is going on with the blog. To "follow," find the word "follow" on the left hand side (side bar) of the screen under the words "Recent Readers/Followers." You will be prompted along and in the end, your name and photo, if you choose, will be on the right hand side of the page along with the "Recent Readers" who are also following publicly. You can also follow privately without anyone knowing that you are following us. This is an option as you are prompted along that you may select as well.
If you would like to follow our blog via e-mail, which means getting an e-mail each time we update our blog, type your e-mail address into the little box on the left hand side of our blog immediately at the top, labeled "Follow All About Being Inspired by E-mail!"
How to Read and Post Comments
3. We would love to hear your comments on our posts and so would our other readers! To post a comment, scroll down to the bottom of the post and look for the light grey box, then click on
We would really like to encourage posts because this is the only way we get feedback from our readers. With this information, it can help us tailor our posts to your liking!
Subscribe to a Feed
4. If you are really feeling bold, which I hope you are, click on "Subscribe in a Reader." This is called a feed. When you do this, you will get updates as new posts are created. Just click on the words "Subscribe in a Reader" on the upper left side of the page and follow the prompts.
Viewing Previous Entries
5. To view previous blog entries, locate the Blog Archive on the left side of the blog (you might have to scroll down a bit) and click on the black arrows to expand or close the lists. When you find something you want to read, click on the words and it will direct you to the page.
Be Bold in Exploring our Blog
6. For those of you who are unsure about clicking around on the blog, don't be because you can't do anything to mess up! Be encouraged in your clicking around and explore what All About Being Inspired has to share with you!
7. If you use Facebook and are a "Like" button person, we have added those under each post. Feel free to "Like."
I hope this is an encouraging post for all of you who want to explore our blog in more depth!