An easy and yummy treat for the holidays is chocolate candy with fruit and nuts. I used to make this with my kids when they were smaller and it is easy and delicious. You can use what you have in your pantry and it is sure to come out wonderful. Package these little treats in small cupcake papers and then put them in a nice box or cellophane bag with a ribbon. Give them to all the special people on your list.
Semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz.) Use a really good brand like Ghiradelli, for example.
Dried fruit of your choice (cut into small pieces if it is large fruit) such as raisins, craisins, apricots – about a ¼ Cup (adjust according to your likes.)
Nuts (unsalted) such as pecans, walnuts, cashews, pistachios, etc. – about a ¼ Cup. (adjust according to your likes.)
1. Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler with a teaspoon of Crisco.
2. Stir well and add dried fruit and nuts.
3. Stir again to incorporate fruit, nuts and chocolate.
4. Drop by teaspoonful onto waxed paper and let cool. (You can put this in the refrigerator to cool more quickly.)
5. Place each candy in a cupcake paper and package as directed above.
· You can use mini-marshmallows and nuts, that is really yummy too.