Thursday, June 2, 2011

Shop, Stock and Save Part 2

Greetings!
If you have read my Shop, Stock and Save post that can be found here (just in case you weren't familiar with it)...
http://allaboutbeinginspired.blogspot.com/2011/05/shop-stock-and-savethe-grocery-store.html
I have made a few additions to the pantry list.




•decafinated tea bags (great for making iced tea in the summer)
•lemonade mix
•honey (this is definitely one thing I can't live without in my pantry...can't believe I forgot it the first time)
•tabasco
•tortilla chips (definitely need those especially with homemade hummus and salsa)
•American cheese slices (my hubby loves this kind of cheese with his grilled cheese)
•peanut butter and/or sunflower butter
•ranch dressing
•italian dressing (great for having on hand for marinades)
•whole grain mac and cheese (for those "in-a-pinch" dinners)
•rice cakes (for my little one who loves these as a snack)
•Mrs. T's pierogies (theses are also great for a quick lunch or dinner)
•Zataran's (jambalaya mix or dirty rice!!!)
•cook and serve pudding
•taco kits

Now for the update on my menu from when I started on May 14th. With all of my shopping done and my pantry stocked with my list that you can find using the link above, I was able to concoct all kinds of dinners without worrying about not having any of the ingredients. Please feel free to take any of these ideas and make them your own! I hope it can help you with your menu planning.

May 15th: Chicken Waldorf Salad on a bed of romaine lettuce
May 16th: Hamburgers
May 17th: Homemade Papardelle pasta with homemade Sunday Sauce
May 18th: Breaded chicken cutlets, potato salad and broccoli
May 19th: Hubby working late...leftovers
May 20th: Went to Chipotle!
May 21st: BBQ ribs, sweet potato fries and salad
May 22nd: Hubby at a game....leftovers
May 23rd: Meatloaf with veggies
May 24th: Chicken Caesar Salad
May 25th: BALTS (bacon, avocado, lettuce and tomato sandwich)
May 26th: Manwich over brown rice
May 27th: forgot to write that one down....sorry
May 28th: Went to Carabbas!
May 29 and 30: cookouts
May 31st: Potato Pancakes and a tomato salad with onion basil and cheese
June 1: Breaded Porkchops, sweet potato fries and salad
June 2: Ravioli with marinara sauce

Some of you asked for a running total at the end of the month to see how much I was spending on food being that I am only doing one major shopping trip per month to ShopRite and BJs and farmer's market visits about every 10 days.

This is what I have so far:

5/14: ShopRite...............$202.00
5/19: Farmer's Market...$   35.00
5/23: BJs.......................$   99.00

Total..............................$336.00

I do not anticipate going back to the store again before my next month's visit, which will be on June 14th. I have plenty of food still stocked up and I am not anticipating a $200.00 ShopRite purchase this time around because of my stocked up pantry. I will just have to fill in the blanks when I go these next times to get what I am out of. (I also have my eyes out for coupons!)

Please let me know if this plan might work out for you or if you have any shopping/menu planning tips that make life easier for you!)

BE INSPIRED!

1 comment:

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Love getting a deal! Everyone can use a little extra cash!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...