Saturday, June 4, 2011

All About Greek Yogurt


Greek yogurt is a must add to any pantry list and it is definitely a staple on mine. Click here for my Pantry-Must-Haves. For a pick-me-up snack during my 2-3 pm low or for a healthy and yummy breakfast, I add a drizzle of honey and some chopped walnuts as a topping to this creamy delight! Click here if you would like a quick read on "What is Greek Yogurt?"     

I would love to hear about your Greek yogurt recipes and how you incorporate this healthy treat into your everyday living. Also, tell me about your favorite brand and how it compares to the other Greek yogurts on the market. I would like to have that information in the back of my mind for my monthly shopping trip to ShopRite!
 
Click here for Greek yogurt coupons.

BE INSPIRED!

3 comments:

Marian said...

I love Greek yogurt with frozen blueberries. Athenos is the brand in my fridge now (becuase it was on sale and I had coupons). It's great though. I love how the yogurt is separated from the fruit flavoring. That way I can disregard it if I don't want the added sugar.

Another yummy brand is Yoplait.

Valerie said...

Thanks for the comment, Marian! I will have to give the Athenos and Yoplait a try depending on which I can get a coupon for next time I go shopping!

Clare said...

Just a quick heads up on yogurt. I was in the store and I was so tempted to buy the cheaper yogurt b/c it was on sale. BUT I looked at the label and it said it had all kinds of added "stuff" that I didn't think even belonged in yogurt, like gelatin. They use gelatin to make it thicker rather than strain the whey out of it to make it thicker. What should be in your yogurt is milk and cultures, that is it! Nothing else. Everything is just additives which stretch the yogurt farther without using only milk and cultures. Of course, if you like fruit, that is another thing but plain yogurt or vanilla should only have milk, cultures and natural flavoring. Hope this helps you make a great choice b/c yogurt is sooooo good for you. Hmmm, think I'll go have some right now. It is a great substitute for ice cream for a midnight snack! lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...