• 1 pint fresh strawberries
• 2 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
• 1 Tbsp. butter
• 8 oz. cream cheese at room temp. (spreadable consistency)
• 2 Tbsp. milk or cream
• 1 cup of sugar
• few drops red food coloring (today, I didn't even use it because my berries were so red.)
1. Bake pie shell and cool.
2. Wash, strain and hull strawberries.
3. Put aside a 10-15 washed and hulled berries for the bottom of the pie.
4. With the rest of the strawberries, crush with a potato masher or whirl in blender until crushed.
5. Combine sugar and cornstarch and stir into crushed berries. Add 1/2 cup water as well.
6. Over low heat, stirring constantly, bring to boiling. Mixture will be thick. Add butter and cool.
7. Meanwhile, make filling. Combine 8 oz. soft cream cheese (room temp.) with 2 Tbsp. milk or cream. Spread over bottom of cooked pie shell before adding strawberries.
8. Arrange berries on top of mixture and pour cooled glaze over strawberries.
I would love to hear about how much you love this pie! It is definitely one of my favorites!
Enjoy and BE INSPIRED!