Saturday, December 11, 2010

Snowflake Garland



First of all, I am so thankful to all of our readers! We have had such an overwhelming response in the past couple of weeks! What I am posting today is a how-to on making a snowflake garland, which can be hung anywhere in your home! It will add that extra-special wintry feeling to your home or office and can be left up even after the holidays!

For those of you who read the last post on the Martha Stewart Craft Show, I was inspired to make this craft from there! I purchased a snowflake paper punch and went to town! I hope you enjoy this idea!

The materials featured in the image above are some of the things you will need to make this craft. You will need the snowflake paper punch (found at Michael's Arts and Crafts), thread, a paint brush, Elmer's glue and I also used a pen glue for getting the tips of the snowflakes to glue together. The snowflakes seen above are how they look after being punched out!

Martha Stewart Crafts also puts out a beautiful assortment of fine glitter that comes in a variety of colors! It is perfect for this project. If you opt not to glitter your snowflakes, they will still be gorgeous! I wanted to glitter mine because I will hang mine in my bay window and the backdrop is white blinds so I wanted them to stand out a bit.



1. Cut a thread that is long enough for your liking. 
2. Punch a bunch of snowflakes with your craft punch. 
3. Sandwich two of the snowflakes with glue between a piece of thread and space them neatly and evenly down the thread to create a garland. 






4. Paint your paper snowflakes with glue and sprinkle with glitter to cover the snowflake.
5. Repeat the process until all the snowflakes are covered front and back. 


***This process takes some time, that is why my garland is not posted as complete yet. Stay tuned and hopefully, I will post the finished product soon. My garland is going to hang vertically, however, you can make one that hangs in a swag-like fashion as well. ***

IF YOU ENJOYED THIS POST OR ANY PREVIOUS POSTS, PLEASE COMMENT TO BE ENTERED INTO OUR DECEMBER 17TH GIVEAWAY!

BE INSPIRED!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...