Sunday, May 1, 2011

Our First Blog Award: The Versatile Blogger Award

I always wondered how bloggers received awards and just the other day I found out when All About Being Inspired was awarded "The Versatile Blogger Award." It was given to us by Aimee at Girl Talk. This was a pleasant surprise to receive an award by her because I got lost in her blog one day and found her posts really interesting. One of my favorite posts that I read on her blog was "Bizarre Foods #2!" Please stop by her site for a visit and find blog hops, crafting ideas, giveaways and a lot of interesting thoughts.







The rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:

Thank the person who gave you the award by linking back to them in your post.
Tell us seven things about yourself.
Award fifteen recently discovered new bloggers.

The 7 things about me:

• Jesus is my Lord and Savior
• I taught art for 5 years at a NJ High School and it was my dream job until I had my son...now being a stay-at-home mommy is my ultimate dream job!
• Green was my favorite color until I recently had a change of heart. Now it's purple. I think it is due to the color of my most recent pedicure. (Nice-Is-Nice by Essie!)
• My husband is my best friend!
• I just cut my own bangs and I will never do it again. Lesson learned!
• My one dreaded chore around the house is laundry but I do it anyway!
• The only reason that I ever tried "real" sushi was because my hubby took me to a sushi restaurant for dinner while we were dating and I didn't want to be rude and not eat. Now, I love it and it is one of my most favorite things to eat! If you live in NJ you must try Sushi by Kazu in Howell! It is the ultimate sushi restaurant.

I would like to give this award to the following awesome blogs in no particular order:
1.) Happy Go Lucky
2.) Joy in the Jumble
3.) Oleander and Palm
4.) Lady Bird Ln
5.) My So-Called Home
6.) Moms of All Trades
7.) Uniquely Chic
8.) Chase's View
9.) Create and Share

Thank you again, Aimee!!!

5 comments:

aimee said...

Hi Valerie! Thanks for mentioning my blog. I'm glad you like reading my post. So glad to meet you here. I love green and purple too. I used to only love blue but now I love all other bright colors. Twice I cut my own bangs and I haven't learned my lesson yet haha. I don't like doing laundry too and the fact that our washer and dryer is in the basement doesn't help. I enjoyed reading your post. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! God bles

Hilary@My So-Called Home said...

Hey Valerie,

Thanks so much for the award! Yes we do know/did meet each other. I believe you also work with my brother-in-law Josh in Long Branch? So glad you found me and that I found your blog- that butter lamb is pretty much the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. I'll definitely be back, and thanks again!

(Oh and about the comment system... It's actually from Disqus.com and it was really easy to set up and manage. If you have any questions about it definitely shoot me an email)

Ladybird Ln said...

Oh, thank you, you made my day! Your blogs looks great!

Carlee
www.ladybirdln.com

Unknown said...

Just saw this posting...really cute! Didn't know you changed your favorite color...and of course Kazu is amazing!! I will continue cutting my own bangs...but after the summer is over, I need to grow them out now...lol...

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the award. Somehow I just missed this award. Sorry! But I am thankful for the recognition.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...