|FALL INSPIRED ARRANGEMENTS|
As a brand new stay-at-home mom, who recently resigned from teaching high school art for five years, I decided to become involved in a couple of activities. This year, I adopted a position in MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) as the arts and crafts coordinator and publicity leader...more about that later.
Today, I am going to share a crafty idea with you that was inspired by AUTUMN that I created for my mom's group. It is a very simple craft idea that I made for under $5.00! I call this craft the "FALL ARRANGEMENT."
As you can see by the photos, it is a beautiful floral arrangement that can be displayed in your own home or given as a gift to a hostess when you are an invited guest for dinner (Thanksgiving, perhaps) or even just as a thinking of you sentiment for someone who needs a pick-me-up.
A list of the materials are as follows and can be purchased at a local craft store.
• small terracotta flower pot-you can go larger if you are so inspired (I purchased for 89 cents)
• two sprigs of fall flowers-with pumpkins, berries, corn, leaves, etc.
(I purchased for 75 cents each--they were on sale for 25% off)
• floral foam (a small enough piece to fit inside of your terracotta pot)
• a bag of scrunchy shredded paper from the dollar store for filler
• hot glue gun/glue sticks (always be careful when using the glue gun---it gets really HOT!)
• raffia, ribbon, glittery leaves--optional for dressing up the arrangement even more.
1-Glue the floral foam into the base of the terracotta pot using the glue gun.
2-Squeeze a stream of glue on the foam and take a handful of scrunchy shredded paper and press down to cover the foam.
3-Take one of the floral sprigs you purchased and stick it directly in the middle of the pot ensuring that it goes into the foam.
4-Take the second floral sprig and pull it apart. Use your judgment in placing the rest of the pumpkins, corn, leaves, etc., in the arrangement to make it beautiful.
5-If you would like, you can add raffia to dress up the arrangement either around the pot or adding some into the arrangement itself.
6-I added ribbon around the base of one of my arrangements and a few glittery leaves on the other.