Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dollhouses of the Past Exhibit



Most recently, I am honored to showcase three watercolor paintings in my very first art show! This year marks the 10th Anniversary of the "Dollhouses of the Past" Exhibit at the Historical Society of Ocean Grove Musesum. What is so special about this exhibit is what the chairwoman is doing with these little dollhouses. They are each being turned into multi-level Artist Galleries featuring original 'miniature' artwork. Each artist that submits 3-4 pieces of work will have their own 'gallery' named after them!

These minis are only 2"x 2" square and were so much fun to make. The choice of medium we had was watercolor, acrylic, pen and ink or sculpture. I chose watercolor as this is a fairly new and challenging medium to me. I am an artist at heart who specializes in graphic design but wanted to spread my wings and see what I could come up with.  I have taken a few watercolor classes with some well accomplished artists and have dabbled in it on my own. I hope you enjoy these three mini creations!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...